One thing that I don’t do enough of is taking the special care to put extra attention on myself. I think this is a common trait in more mothers, we tend to take less care of ourselves as we are taking care of our little ones. I have put together 5 easy ways to pamper yourself at home in an effort to remind myself to do these things and hopefully to also encourage you to take that spare time (I know what is that? but honestly, plan for it and you can find it) to pamper yourself.
1. PEDICURE // When is the last time that you gave your feet the care and attention they needed? This one doesn’t happen that often in my house but I recently received some Rocky Mountain Soup products for at home pedicures and it actually inspired this post and for me to do this and more as a treat to myself. Don’t forget to grab your favorite polish to finish them off!
2. PLUCK THOSE EYEBROWS // Now some of you might be more on top of this than others but for me (especially because I wear glasses and they are often covered) I usually don’t think about my eyebrows till it is too late and I am putting my makeup on in a hurry to leave the house. Let’s solve that and pamper our eyebrows a little more, because believe me when I did this yesterday man did I feel like my face was nailing it today.
3. READ A BOOK // This might sound as appealing to start as it will after you are done, but trust me even if you aren’t a huge fan of reading, I feel that once you become a mom a silent moment diving into a story that isn’t your own ends up being very relaxing. Don’t believe me and want to start small, find a magazine that fits your interests and dive into that and see for yourself, disconnected from the TV, computer and phone for this time is very refreshing.
4. TAKE A BATH // You might want to combine reading a book with taking a bath to make it the prime time pampering yourself. When I get the time to take a bath I tend to turn the lights off, light a candle, bring in a book and use my favorite bath salts or milk bath to soak and relax with.
5. DECORATE WITH FLOWERS // Ok so this one involves more then just the house as when you are out and about you will have to remember to pick up a little bouquet (spring is perfect for tulips and daffodils, esp. at your local farmer’s market). Having flowers in the home just adds a special touch of feeling blessed and pampered. You can also add the flowers to your time relaxing or on the night stand reading your book — perfect!
I would love to hear what ways you pamper yourself at home and maybe we can add some more great ideas to the list.