During the summer we spent a weekend away with some family friends. Over the weekend we shared the responsibility of each have a day to make meals. Well, I of course chose tacos, cause well they are easy to make and I like tacos. On top of that you pretty much know that everyone else likes tacos too. Right?! Anyways, not the point. What I am getting at is, that the dinner that was made for us was these Crock Pot BBQ Ribs. SO GOOD and guess what, easier to make then tacos.
So after that dinner, I tried to make them at home, and guess what I forgot the one ingredient that you add to the crock pot. Don’t ask me how, call it mom brain, but I just put them in the crock pot and hoped for the best. Fail. So tonight, I made them again, with the secret ingredient. And they were delicious! Better then I remembered, maybe because I made them and I saw first hand how stinkin easy they were to create.
Interested in that secret ingredient? Here is how to make the hands down Easiest Crock Pot BBQ Ribs EVER!
Easy Crock Pot BBQ Ribs Recipe
- 2L Rootbeer
- BBQ Sauce of Choice
- Set up crock pot and set at 6 hours on low. (Can be less time if ribs are not frozen) Place in frozen Ribs on top of each other. I suggest using at least 2 racks of ribs.
- Pour in 2L of Rootbeer until the Ribs are fully submerged. Do not need to use the full 2L, just what you feel is necessary.
- Leave it to cook, all afternoon while you go about your day. Easy breezy right.
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Once the ribs are finished cooking in the crock pot, pull out and place on baking sheet. They should be looking so tender and falling apart as you lift them up. That’s perfect!
- Lather the BBQ sauce of choice on your ribs and place in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes. Pull them out when BBQ sauce is heated.
This is the BBQ sauce that my son picked out at the store, he said that it is his favorite. The honey actually went so well with the sweeter taste of the ribs from the Rootbeer.
This is added to my weekly list of recipe ideas as of last night you guys. It’s just too good not too. The kids ate it up and my husband very much approved. Thanks to our cousin for sharing this easy Crock Pot BBQ Ribs recipe with us. I am always a fan of easy and delicious dinner ideas.
Got any other amazingly tasty and just as easy recipes to share, post them in the comments below.