Hello dear readers of Creative Wife + Joyful Worker! I am absolutely thrilled to be guest posting over here and featuring one of my favourite Valentine’s Day DIY projects. If you follow me over at The Mumsy Blog, you may notice that I have already shared this project there, “DIY X & O Valentine’s Day Garland”. But, I’m a firm believer in continually putting the things that you love out into the world to be shared with others. So, I hope you enjoy!
For the longest time, I never really got into Valentine’s Day, even after I started having little chickies. I would do a fun little craft/activity on the actual day of the holiday, and I would even purchase some store bought Valentines and candy for my chickies to hand out to their little group of toddler friends. But, when it came to decorating my home, the only thing I did in lieu of decorations was hang a heart shaped felt wreath on my door.
You Might Also Like: Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Her
This year I decided to branch out more and try my hand at some homemade decorations that wouldn’t break the bank and would also bring a tad bit more of a festive flare into my nest. Along with a few more decorating ideas, that I will share later this month, I put together a very easy yet chic X’s and O’s Valentine’s Day Garland that cost less than $5 to make and took less than 30 minutes to put together.
How to Make a DIY X & O Valentine’s Day Garland
- 1 package of paper doilies
- Butcher’s twine
- Stapler and staples
- Optional: Heart shaped foam sticker
- To Make X’s: Accordion fold two doilies, put them together, staple in the middle and fan out the tops and bottoms.
- To Make O’s: Cut out the center of the doilies.
- Optional: Leaving one doily untouched, you could place a foam heart sticker in the center and make that the middle piece for your doilie garland. If you like this idea but don’t want to use a foam sticker, you could dip switch to using a Valentine’s Day themed stamp. Another fun idea would be to use your favorite shade of lipstick and pucker up. Place a kiss right in the middle of the O.
You Might Also Like: Local Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
And there you have it, a quick and easy “How to make” on a quick and easy craft that will add just the right amount of Valentine’s Day flare to your everyday decor.
Much Love! XX Michelle