“Hey kid’s common it’s on, get your boots on, get your gumboots on.”
Scout & the Gumboot Kids has debuted this week nationally across Kid’s CBC. With each show four minutes in length, founders Tara Hungerford and Eric Hogan aim to promote mindfulness, the ability to be present in an open and non-judgemental way. Scout connects with our children by being educational and adventurous, allowing them to engage in the show by helping solve a mystery.
With an aim to get away from the TV and focus on connecting with nature, Tara and Eric have created a unique and bold pitch for a series. Scout & the Gumboot Kids teaches children about what is right out side their door, getting them excited to explore. Throughout the show there is time for a “mindful moment” where Scout teaches our kids to step outside of the story for a moment and reflect on what was taught.
Some key points about the show:
• Watch Scout & the Gumboot Kids on Kid’s CBC Monday-Friday at 9:55AM
• Each show is four minutes in length
• Endorsed by the David Suzuki Foundation “Children Today Spend Less Time Outdoors Than Any Generation in Human History!”
• Founded by Vancouverites, Tara and Eric, who have a love for the outdoors
• The whole family is involved! Tara and Eric’s children star in the show, as well as Tara’s sister, Juno Award winning singer-songwriter Jessie Farrell, contributes her original music to the show.
• Filmed in Vancouver, BC
Watch this preview of Scout & the Gumboot Kids and see how your children respond. My daughter is absolutely in love and says, “again… again!” When the show ends.
Enter Giveaway Here
– A “Scout & The Gumboot Kids” small canvas tote bag