Flying for your first time with more than just yourself is for sure going to be an eye opener. There really is no way to properly prepare for it (in my opinion) but there are things that can most definitely be avoided. Learn from us for your next family flight and hopefully have a chuckle out of some of the silly things we did.
- Don’t ask your potty training child in the Starbucks line up if they can “hold it” when they say they have to pee. Leaving the line up and coming back is way less awkward than wiping up pee off the ground in the middle of the airport. Believe me!
- Don’t forget to pack a change of clothes for ALL your children in your carry on. You really never know what might result in a clothes change before or during your flight. Tip: Bringing a plastic bag to place the dirty clothes into is also a great idea that was not done on the first flight of ours. #facepalm
- Don’t bring wireless headphones that you have never connected to your device via bluetooth. They will work if you have previously connected before your flight, but not if you are trying for the first time. Let’s just say there was no movie watching or music listening for me on the way there.
- Don’t then try to compensate for regular headphones offered by the airline when you have an iPhone 7 because those will not be able to plug into your phone.
- Don’t pack your gum in the carry on that you place in the overhead compartment. Keep that in your purse or take it out before you are seated because chances are you will forget about it and remember just after the seatbelt sign comes on before take off.
- Don’t dress in a romper for a full day out and then babywear. There is absolutely no way for you to pee in this circumstance. (In all fairness to me, I didn’t choose the romper for the day, my previous outfit got mega puked on and this was the only other thing not packed).
Well I hope that you got some sort of a chuckle from some of our oopsies. We had an incredible trip away but also learned a whole bunch about travelling with kids. It was our first flight away with any of the kids and we decided to do it with all of them. No matter what, things are going to be forgotten and not everything will go as planned, but just remember to laugh it off and have fun anyways.
Below: Me Romper & Baby Wearing = No pee pee