Holy Moly, it has been a cold week (yes all you up North folk I am complaining about the -5’s with wind). I don’t do good in the cold, not one bit. At home I almost always have a blanket on me.. sometimes two.. like how our bed currently has not one but two duvet quilts on it, that’s all for me. So it’s late.. and I am kind of just talking about nothing but I wanted to write about something personal but all I can think about is how cold my toes are. That being said I am going to change the subject and just share some random thoughts I have been having. Let’s say.. five. Five random thoughts that have been floating around my head.
1. I have been thinking a lot about the new year. Whether or not to make a resolution or to just start implementing new lifestyle choices slowly, but surely. I don’t want to say, “I am going to exercise two days a week” and then never go. Exercise and eating healthy are important to me but it is something that was dropped when I started to get “so busy”. So I need a plan, a plan to keep up with the everyday busy busy but also eat better and add in some exercise.
2. Lately I have been saying no a lot. It feels good. I am 100% a yes person, I love being involved in things, being present, meeting new people and gaining new experiences. Lately though, saying no has felt so good. I am starting to accept that though I want to “do it all” it is perfectly ok not to. Better yet, it is so much more enjoyable to stop doing and rest. I still think I am trying to do too much but I am so proud of the amount of less I am doing overall.
3. More thoughts on the New Year. I want to create a consistent schedule with posts. I want to share more about me and more about faith. Maybe this could be the start of something new, my random thoughts Friday… might need to work on a more clever name but I think we are onto something here.
4. My pelvis is almost completely healed. Something I haven’t talked about at all anywhere on my feed or blog is how much pain I was in after just having Evelyn. For three months I waited to go to the chiropractor. It was painful to sit down, I had nights with nearly no sleep, laying in discomfort, and then finally my sister convinced me (literally forced me to phone) to book a chiropractor appointment. After going for my first appointment we discovered that my pelvis was hugely rotated which causes large amounts of pain. I still have a bit of pain but it is 99% better. If you are reading this and dealing with pain in your body, get help. Seriously, don’t wait and think it will go away, just go get help. now.
5. Hair loss right now is at an ultimate high. I remember loosing a lot of hair with Sophie around three months, but I don’t remember when it ended. I have been loosing so much with Evelyn as my hormones adjust and go through all the crazy postpartum things they do. Hopefully it stops falling out soon, otherwise we might have a pretty thin head of hair to style in the coming weeks.
There we have it. Five random things and I am officially ready for bed.
These photos were taken for a recent Instagram collaboration with Roma Boots by E Fraser Photo. I love the boots and the photos so much that I couldn’t not share more. Roma Boots are new to Canada and carry both ladies and children’s styles. Their slogan is “giving poverty the boot” which ties into the fact that they give a pair of boots to a child living in poverty everytime a pair is bought.