Solid Wood Cutting Board handmade by Pacific Design Lab
YUM! Why don’t I cook more often? I find that I make excuses for myself.. that I don’t have enough time or I don’t think I have all the ingredients… why?? Basically what I am getting at is, when I find that I do make that extra effort to make something homemade for the family, everyone appreciates it. The house always smells delicious, the kids love eating what is fresh out of the oven and don’t even get me started on how pleased the husband is with some home cooked anything!
Today I have the pleasure of sharing Josephine’s Zucchini Loaf. I found this recipe on her blog back in August and have been wanting to try it out ever since. Boy am I glad that I didn’t wait any longer! Josephine is a very talented mother and blogger, she shares stories about motherhood and more delicious recipes on her blog, Josephine: A Creative Life. Thank you Josephine for letting me share your awesome recipe today, I hope that you all get a chance to try this one at home, and if you can’t today — pin it for another time (just don’t make too many excuses like I do, haha!)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cocoa
- 3 tsps cinnamon
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of brown (or yellow) sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 loaf pans. Grate two cups of zucchini and set aside.
- In one bowl, mix flour (white and whole-wheat), salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and cinnamon together until all the dry ingredients are well combined.
- In another bowl, using a hand or stand-up mixer, beat eggs, vanilla, sugar and vegetable oil until they resemble a cream.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add zucchini and dried cranberries and mix.
- Divide batter evenly between two pans, filling each about ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until loaves are baked all the way through. Let stand/cool for 20-30 minutes and serve.