I feel like my hair is 90% of the time styled one of these three ways, the other 10% would be just a messy ol’ top knot that nobody wants to see. Over the past couple years I have been working on moving away from having a top knot every. single. day. It takes more time in the mornings, but I always feel so much better about myself when I take the time to do a little styling. If you follow me on Instagram then you are most likely familiar with these three quick and easy long hair style ideas already.
Before we begin I have to give a little (HUUUGEE) shout out to my sister, Mauve Hair Design. I would most likely have no idea of what to do with my hair if it wasn’t for her. Over the years I have learnt so much from watching her do her own hair and styling mine.
3 Quick and Easy Long Hair Style Ideas
Half Up Top Knot
When I cut my hair last year to just below my shoulders I really started to love this style. Before that I always thought that my hair was too long and it looked funny. As my hair has grown back out I still LOVEEEE this style and rock it weekly.
* Hair Tip: Start to section your hair from the top of your ears and then angle slightly upward. I like to do this to include my medium length side burns (thanks children) but allow for more hair to be down in the back for thickness.
Fish Tail Side Braid
The thought of doing a fish tail braid used to scare me. I always thought it was wayyyy to hard to do any never even tried… classic. Guess what, it really isn’t that hard at all. Check out a You Tube tutorial or this post for a “how to” fish tail and you will know exactly what I mean. The other day I even showed a friend how to do it while at coffee together and that afternoon she was rocking them.
If you start with already curled hair, it allows you to make little errors and have them a lot less noticable too, just remember to loosen it up after you complete the braid by massaging your fingers along the braid and pulling little pieces looser.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Half Up Fishtail Braid Hair Tutorial
Hair Up Braid
This still looks great with your long hair curled or not. I find with long hair (and long bangs) it is nice to get some of that hair out of your face. This is a super quick way to do it, and is a great go to if you leave the house with your hair down and then on the go you decide you want to have some of it tied back. I used to think this was like a grade 5 style but since I recently started rocking it again I often get so many compliments on the style. So even if it brings you back to elementary school days, I promise it’s still cool.
Photography: Julie Christine Phorography
Tops: Hunni’s Boutique