On July 30th we were so blessed to be have a beautiful new addition to our family, baby West. West is my third nephew and the second son to my sister Roxann. When she was pregnant I told her that I would love to throw some sort of party for her where all our friends and family could get together to celebrate her new baby’s arrival. We didn’t want to call it a baby shower as this was her second baby and that isn’t always super common, so instead we created a Dreamcatcher themed Meet the Baby Party!
It was such a pleasure hosting this party at Spruce Rentals and working with the amazing ladies of Chic Fete. They created the most beautiful space that was inspired by Mushy Books’ ‘Dreamcatcher’ baby book. Leslie’s books are all about the little details. We incorporated handmade dreamcatchers, the most delicious desserts and beautiful hand-lettering within our decor to create the most dreamy space to celebrate. These gorgeous photographs were taken by the super talented Jayme Lang.
Dreamcatcher Themed Baby Shower
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Little Gem Baby Shower
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: White Lace and Boho Themed Baby Shower
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Mint and Peach Floral Tea Party Themed Baby Shower
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Birch and Gold Themed Baby Shower + Free Printable
Meet the Makers:
• Gorgeous photography by Jayme Lang. Located in Abbotsford, BC Jayme is known for her distinct style that captures the candid loving moments of life. Jayme also captures the beauty and miracle of child birth, she showcases this work over on Hatched Photography.
• The ladies, Jacky and Ili, of Chic Fete really out-did themselves for this stunning event. From creating custom decor including the photoshoot backdrop “Hello Little Dreamer” cake topper and custom balloon feather tassels to coordinating the different vendors involved and styling the event from top to bottom. A HUGE thank you goes out to these ladies for all the hard work they did to make this event as gorgeous as it was. You can also find the super practical Eco-friendly party ware available for purchase on Chic Fete’s website too!
• Kari of Confetti Floral Design did a fabulous job with all of the floral decor. The floral decor at the baby shower I feel was one of the most talked about aspects. I think nearly ever person I had a conversation with commented to me about the beauty of the bouquets.
• I have never seen such a beautiful cake in my life. This cake was made perfect, its shear edges coated in butter cream icing made the centrepiece at the cake table. Also surrounded by the most articulate cookies that were custom made with feathers, dreamcatchers and cute sayings made the dessert almost too pretty to eat. It doesn’t stop there, the macarons and mini cake bites were also all made by Christine from Lamacaronette. She hand crafted each of these pieces with pure perfection, and not to mention they tasted pretty dang good too!
• Mint and chocolate is a match made in heaven. When you add marshmallows to the mix you really have something to celebrate about! I adored the marshmallows that Marsh & Mallow created for this meet the baby shower. The mint matched perfectly to the party theme and the marshmallows were super super tasty!
• Reddy Made Cakes took cake pops to a whole new level with these adorable and beautifully crafted desserts. Their large size combined with the detail in the feathers made these cake pops stand out from any other cake pop I’d seen before. Reddy Made Cakes makes increidbly detailed cakes and treats in their Abbotsford location right down the road from Spruce Rentals.
• My friend Alana is my go to cupcake maker. Her carrot cake cupcakes are a dream come true. You haven’t experienced the delight of carrot cake until you try one of these cupcakes. Along with these cupcakes she also crafted some delicious white chocolate cupcakes. Each cupcake was topped with a little feather design or teal fondant “W” for West.
• I was inspired by Leslie from Mushy Books for the theme of this shower. Her book named “Dreamcatcher” stood out to me and I felt that it would make an incredible shower theme. Taking the element of a dreamcatchers and creating decor that involves all the little details. Lesley’s books are the most beautiful baby books that you could ever dream up. Created with such attention to detail, Lesley has created a book that allows you to fill in all the important dates and memories of your child growing up.
• While a lot of the details of the shower include desserts and party decor we also didn’t want to leave out the guest of honor. We had a gorgeous handmade dreamcatcher necklace from Mint & Birch’s collection. The necklace is a keepsake for Roxann to have for years to come.
• A party wouldn’t be a party without balloons. Am I right? At the front entrance to the party we had an extra large white balloon with a custom tassel garland both from Fun Fiestas by Ili. (The same Ili of Chic Fete) This lady is super crafty and also runs a party store on her own. The gorgeous noise makers were also made by Ili and were included in our guests thank you bags.
• The already gorgeous waiting area in Spruce Rentals has the finishing touch of perfection when we added VMD Jewellery’s handmade dreamcatcher. When I approached Janette about what she could do for a dreamcatcher she came up with the super cool idea of creating a dream catcher that incorporated both mommy and baby. Janette used a smaller dreamcatcher for the centre of the large dreamcatcher and the outcome was stunning.
• Our custom thank you bags were a collaborative effort. These crisp white bags from Essential Packaging were created custom by Genicca. With the addition of a splash of color and Genicca‘s hand-lettering these goodie bags were perfect! Genicca also hand-lettered our chalkboards and created the “Dream Big Little One” custom canvas.
• In the last photograph you can see the stunning Baby banner that was created by Sparkle and Lace Event Details. This banner was a perfect finishing touch that we used as a prop for photos with friends and family. Sparkle and Lace Event Detail made this banner with exquisite detail matching perfect to the party colours and event decor.
• The finishing touch to our gorgeous cake table display was the aqua and lace handmade cloth garland by Raggy Girl Vintage. Tracey of Raggy Girl Vintage and Colleen of Vintage Home share their love of vintage and repurposed treasures, as well as select handmade items in their styled booth, at The Market by Spruce Collective. Furniture, vintage chandeliers and china, bunting, pillows and more, you’re sure to enjoy their curated collections.
• Hosting the party at an event venue was the best decision I think we could have made. I have never used a venue other then someone’s home to host a party before and I couldn’t believe how much more I enjoyed having the event at a venue. Spruce Rentals allowed us to have two visiting areas and a hug main table. Plus it is super convenient that you can also rent different pieces to add to your decor where you please! Win Win!!
Unique Baby Shower Ideas
Love Baby Tea Party Themed Baby Shower + Free Printable
Birch and Gold Baby Shower + Free Printable
White & Lace Boho Themed Baby Shower
Little Gem Themed Baby Shower