After our first flight with Evelyn, I realized that I 100% over packed. There was so much that I thought I needed after hearing over and over that you need to pack so much when travelling with your kids. To my surprise, I discovered the opposite. We really needed such a minimal amount of stuff when travelling our newborn. Read on to find out 10 (really all you need) must have carry on items for newborn babies.
Due to the fact that I am solely breastfeeding, my list is going to be shorter then if you are not. So items that might pertain to pumping and bottle feeding is not included. If you are solely breastfeeding, then this list is literally all you need (plus don’t forget to add a change of clothes). Each of these items added to the ease of our travel and helped to keep baby warm, comfortable and clean while travelling on the airplane.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: OUR HAWAIIAN FAMILY VACATION
What to Pack: Carry On Items for Newborn Babies
From left to right, top to bottom
1. K’pure Naturals Overachiever // A travel sized balm that is perfect for literally everything. Use it for you lips, nipples and as a bum rash balm, it is an all in one that makes your life that much easier. I personally have used it for all three and have two, one for home and one for my diaper bag as it is great to always have on hand.
2. Twinklebelle Design fleece toque // Airplanes can get chilly and you want to make sure that you keep your newborn warm the whole time. Keeping them warm and comfortable will make it so much easier to get them to sleep.
3. Numpfer Multi-use Bib and Wash Cloth // Speaks for itself really. These were perfect all throughout our trip. The super soft bamboo multi-use cloth can be worn as a bib or used as a wash cloth. This is especially useful over long flights.
4. Glitter and Spice Soother Clip // If this list was in order I think this would be right at the top. I never used to be a soother clip girl, but the amount of up and downs and in and outs that happen during travel you really want to make sure that that soother isn’t going to be falling on the ground every two seconds. A soother clip won’t have you panicking and going “where the heck did the soother go again” and you can rest assured it won’t be lost before the flight either.
5. Bebe au Lait Muslin blanket // This blanket in particular is a favorite, it is light weight but super warm and cozy. The muslin swaddle like feel in a thicker layered blanket makes for the perfect must have blanket. One tip that I was told before the trip was that airlines do not offer blankets anymore, so we made sure to bring this favorite along in the carry on.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 20 BABY(ISH) PRODUCTS FOR MOTHERS
6. Vonbon Fleece Romper // I bought this romper specifically for our flight. The fleece lining is super cozy and the snaps on the inside of the legs makes for easy changing and a warm comfortable travel outfit. Make note to also pack some spares, in case of unexpected pukes and blowouts.
7. KEWE Clothing Lovie Teether // Something for those little ones to grab onto, crew on and snuggle with. Another light weight dream product that was multi-purpose and convenient to have on hand.
8. Underables Socks // Those little toes are always the first to get cold. Make sure to pack a few pairs.
9. Minimoc Warm Shoes // These are a dream. The coziest shoes to touch your little one’s feet indeed. I got my first pair before our baby was even born and I was so pleased to have them for our first flight.
10. Beluga Baby Bamboo Wrap // Another top of the list must have. This wrap is absolutely perfect on the must have list because it actually will fit into your carry on. The bamboo soft fabric takes up minimal space in your carry on and is amazing for travelling hands free with baby, especially during the first few hours at the airport. *Please remember to not wear baby during take off or landing.
Packing light should be on the priority list, especially when you have kids. I found that I was told that I needed so much more then I really ended up using and if I did our trip over again I would pack even lighter. Hope you have a great trip and can utilize some of our tips from our must have carry on items for newborn babies.