I had a handful of fun and creative (so I thought) ideas for Valentine’s Day and this, my friends, is the only one that worked. Sometimes it happens that way, where it just really is way better in your head then in reality. I am happy to share that these were not just a success because they are super easy to make, but my kids loved them too! Keep reading to see how I created these super cute marshmallow and white chocolate sprinkle strawberry hearts.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: LOVE BABY MINT AND PEACH BABY SHOWER
A group of us got together to create a Valentine’s Day inspired party table and there were so many delicious recipes and fun DIY crafts for kids. You can do this with your group of friends and it cuts the party planning stress in half! Tell everyone to make something that fits into your theme. Meet before it’s party time and style the table with all your delicious eats, snap some photos and then enjoy! Everyone wins!
How to make Marshmallow and White Chocolate Sprinkle Strawberry Hearts
- Cup of White Chocolate chips
- One or two large marshmallows
- Sprinkles (I used the Valentine’s mix from Dainty Sprinkle Co.)
- Wash strawberries. Use a knife to cut the tops of the strawberries off into heart shapes. I used my finger nail to make small imprints into the skin to follow a line to cut.
- Melt down white chocolate and marshmallows together. I put two marshmallows into the pot. They do not all have to melt down, just a little melted from the outside is plenty. The idea is to have just enough so that the melted chocolate becomes a little more sticky.
*TIP: Adding the marshmallow hardens the chocolate quicker and also holds onto the sprinkles better.
- Dip strawberry into the melted chocolate marshmallow mixture or use a utensil of choice ( I used a butter knife) to apply the mixture over the desired area of strawberry.
- Immediately dip into sprinkles or pour sprinkles overtop of strawberry. Since hardens quickly you want to do step 3 and step 4 very close after each other.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: KIDS VALENTINE’S DAY PARTY + COLOURING SHEET PRINTABLE
* If you want to create the strawberries with arrows use wooden skewers and cut out shapes for arrows in desired paper colour. I pressed my skewers through after about 10-15 minutes in the freezer to make sure not to squish the berries.