We just planned the cutest little kids Easter themed party and I am so excited about all the little DIY creations that went into making it such a success. These little DIY Baby Birds Nest creations are an idea I had, that to be honest I had no idea was going to work out or not (my ideas don’t always turn out!).
These little nests could be used a number of different ways; filled with candies, used for name cards on or beside your plates, cupcake holders, and more. Let your imagination go and incorporate our little DIY Baby Bird Nest creations at your next Easter or bird themed party. “A Little Baby Bird” might just be the sweetest theme for a baby shower or first birthday party… hmmm now we are onto something.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DIY Unicorn Party Hats
DIY Baby Birds Nest from Easter Basket Shavings
- Easter Basket Shavings
- Parchment paper
- Hot glue gun
- Heat up your hot glue gun while you are prepping your station.
- Lay out parchment papers so that you have enough room to hot glue gun your nest. Minimum size double the width that you want your nest.
- Form a flat circle with your Easter basket shavings. Hot glue directly onto the parchment paper a circle and then zig zags to fill the circle, about the size of the circle you just created with the shavings. Push the shavings circle down onto the hot glue. (Don’t worry, the hot glue peels off the parchment paper with ease so press as hard as you can!)
- Form the ring that will be the sides of your nest with the shavings. I grabbed a handful and twisted them around themselves until I reached the length that I wanted.
- Hot glue directly around the outside of your flat bottom of shavings. Once you have enough glue place your ring onto of your shavings bottom, press down firmly. Use dabs of glue to fill any loose areas and let dry.
- The beauty of these nests is that it doesn’t have to be perfect, the messy look is totally perfectly perfect! Have fun with it and fill them with all sorts of different goodies.
- Repeat steps until you have the desired amount for the party!
— LIKE IT? SAVE IT TO PINTEREST TO TRY LATER —
[…] YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DIY Baby Bird’s Nest from Easter Basket Shavings […]
1 Comment on DIY Baby Bird Nests from Easter Basket Shavings