Girls weekend and we knew where we wanted to go! Quails Gate Winery in Kelowna, BC was at the top of our list. Whenever my sister and I go on trips we usually put together an itinerary of the top places we want to see and things to do. We set aside half the day to spend at Quails Gate, exploring the property, relaxing at their restaurant, Old Vines, and letting our taste buds explore through a couple different wine tastings. It’s safe to say we are SO GLAD that we did!
We saved our visit til our last day in Kelowna and throughout the weekend exploring other areas of Kelowna I asked the question often, “What’s your favorite local winery?” You know what 99% of people said?! Quails Gate Winery!
I can’t say that I was too surprised as I had been here once before on a wine tour and remember Quails Gate stood out from the others. Their customer service at both the wine shop and restaurant were very genuine and personable, creating very memorable and enjoyable experiences.
Honestly, I think I could go on for a while about how much I loved our time there. So I hope you get the idea, ha! What I wanted to share was their two wine tastings that we enjoyed and what made them so special.
- Sitting outside on the balcony with the calm atmosphere and views of the Okanagan
- Different selections for your preference. We tried two different pairings and both enjoyed our pick so much!
- Tastes of wine paired with small bites of food
- Drop in experiences available in a first come first serve basis on Fridays and Saturdays
Chocolate & Wine Tasting
- Starts out with a wine tasting on the balcony and then leads into a stroll through the vineyard with one of the educators
- The tasting continues in the Stuart Family Library (of wine!)
- Chocolate is hand crafted by a local chef to pair perfectly with the wines of Quails Gate
- A very unique experience from the location of the tasting to the incredible pairing of hand crafted chocolate and wine.
Quails Gate Winery | Old Vines Restaurant
- Make sure to book a reservation if you plan on dining
- Named one of the top 100 restaurants in Canada
- Each menu item is paired with a recommended Quails Gate Wine
- Indoor and outdoor seating
- Menu is subject to change, look online to see their current menu options featuring locally grown produce.
After getting our fair share of tastings and learning more about Quails Gate we got a chance to explore the wine shop. I grabbed a basket, filled it up with multiple bottles of my favorites wines, as many of them can only be purchased there. We also discovered that our favorite cheese from our panoramic pairings tasting was available for purchase and both couldn’t resist grabbing a block of that. You guys, why didn’t I buy two blocks?! Needless to say, we will be back to Quails Gate Winery, ready to try out more of their delicious wine and stock up on that cheese!
Thank you so much to Quails Gate for hosting my sister and I and showing us around your gorgeous vineyard. Both wine tastings were complimentary.