Little Black Dress with a Splash of Boho

June 12, 2016

STYLE & BEAUTY

It has been a few weeks since I spent some time in front of the camera. From moving last month and getting situated in the new home to reaching my third trimester this momma was feeling pretty pooped. I am so excited about the look that I put together this week to show off my 34 week bump and some gorgeous items I have recently acquired.

Cute and Boho Maternity Style

I’ve been itching to style this little black dress from Au Fait Mama since it arrive in the mail. The soft bamboo fabric makes it super comfortable to slip on and go. Knowing that we will always nurture our babies first, Au Fait Mama wants to alway make sure that we nurture ourselves as well. With the weather getting a little cooler again I paired the cute black maternity dress with a favorite black and white patterned cardigan.

I love the loose fit boho vibe that this cardigan brings to every outfit and it was the perfect addition for me to feel not so dressed up for my evening out in the city.

Cute and Boho Maternity StyleCute and Boho Maternity StyleCute and Boho Maternity Style

I have been getting a few things prepped for baby number three’s arrival and am so excited about my Fawn Design diaper bag that I decided take it out for my day of errands to get a feel for the bag. The wide mouthed opening is perfect to easily see what is inside, fitting everything from diapers and wipes to my notebooks and planners.

That isn’t all, I can’t stop gushing over how the bag forms around my body while worn with the shoulder strap. The adjustable shoulder strap allows the perfect fit for each body height and can also be removed, tucked away and worn as a backpack with the two straps located on the back of the bag.

Cute and Boho Maternity Style
Cute and Boho Maternity StyleCute and Boho Maternity Style

With my first pregnancy I can’t say I was really that into styling my bump and getting dressed in the mornings, but after realizing the benefits of buying clothes that work and look good for both maternity wear and not, I have really enjoyed this process and think I might just miss dressing this bump.

Cute and Boho Maternity StyleCute and Boho Maternity Style

Shop The Look

Little Black Dress: Au Fait Mama
Boho Cardigan: Hunni’s Boutique
Brown Diaper Bag: Fawn Design
Necklace: Mama Gems
Brown Wooden Watch: JORD Watches
Brown Sandals: Old Navy

Photography: E Fraser Photo

Some products in this post were provided in order to showcase and style the items.
Please note that all views and opinions are my own.

1. GlamKaren

June 13th, 2016 at 11:44 am

Aw… you look so adorable! How exciting for you – what a fun time. You look really found some super pretty outfit ideas and the dress is really chic! 🙂
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

2. creativewifeandjoyfulworker

June 13th, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Thanks so much Karen! It has been so fun to experiment with my maternity style this time around

3. Terri Steffes

June 13th, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Bamboo fabric?? Never heard of such a thing! Love the cardigan, but I think anything you wear looks elegant. Loving the bag, too.

4. creativewifeandjoyfulworker

June 13th, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Bamoboo is amazing! Super soft, stretchy and breathable — perfect for the summer months indeed!

5. Debra

June 13th, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Bamboo fabric is my favorite it feels so good against the skin! I love the way this looks, so super cute!

6. Rachel Langer

June 13th, 2016 at 7:25 pm

This look is so cute! I just love the white ‘pearl’ necklace with it too. Looks cute but comfy at the same time.

7. 3makesafamily

June 13th, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Congrats on your bump! I loved my maternity clothes (even after baby came), they are so comfortable. Bamboo is amazingly soft so that dress must be super comfy; very cute outfit and you look beautiful 🙂

8. reesa

June 13th, 2016 at 8:37 pm

I am loving this look! I feel like maternity options are so much more trendy then they were 5-8 years ago when I was pregnant!

9. Kiana Abram (KiaNaturally)

June 14th, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I love this boho chic look! And I had no clue that was a diaper bag. It’s so cute and stylish!

10. Robin Ruehrwein

June 15th, 2016 at 8:21 am

You look amazing! That dress paired with a boho flair is perfection. Pregnancy is definitely not looking the same as when I was in that stage.

11. Krystle Cook

June 15th, 2016 at 8:28 am

You are making maternity look amazing in that little black dress! Congratulations to you. By the way…that bag in no way looks like it could be a diaper bag, so kudos.

12. Ana De Jesus

June 15th, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Your dress looks super comfy and I am loving the bag and sandals. I love that it is made from bamboo fabrics!

13. workoutwithdi

June 15th, 2016 at 2:24 pm

LBD are a staple of any womans wardrobe but I love the cardigan! I’m always looking for something to throw over a yoga top and pants while teaching class. Get’s cold in those yoga studios sometimes!

14. Kim

June 15th, 2016 at 3:06 pm

You look so good in that outfit…and that bag doesn’t look like a diaper bag I use to carry! How cool is that bag! I also love the background in your photos.

15. Amber NElson

June 15th, 2016 at 6:00 pm

I love that bag. You are looking comfortable and stylish! My kind of girl!

16. Denea

June 16th, 2016 at 7:15 pm

You look so cute and fashionable. I felt huge and not fashionable pregnant! Your glowing!

17. Amber NElson

June 20th, 2016 at 7:19 pm

That outfit suits you perfectly! Everyone needs a little black dress!

18. Melissa Haggins

June 28th, 2016 at 10:13 am

Adorable! Even though I was just pregnant I can’t wait to own my bump next time! This outfit is adorable, simple and perfect for any occasion! Feel like I would wear this now post pregnacy now!

19. Thistle And Oak

June 30th, 2016 at 10:56 am

You’re the cutest pregnant momma! Love this look and Omg that bag… ????????????