Do you have an abundance of wire hangers like I do in my house? They are the absolute worst! … at least they were, until I thought about the idea to create a holiday wreath with one.
This DIY is quite honestly one of the easiest DIY’s that I have ever accomplished and also one of my absolute favorite turnouts. What you don’t see on the blog are all of my “genius” ideas that turn out to be not so genius. This DIY Christmas Hanger Wreath idea though, it is a must try because it literally (sans kids) only takes about ten minutes to put together, once you have collected your supplies.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: DIY Large Floral Wreath
I have been eye balling all sorts of wreaths on Pinterest as I add to my Christmas Pinterest board and am so excited to share something of my own with you. This is a simple and sweet little DIY that you can hopefully make without spending any dollars at the store. All of the supplies that I used I already had in my house which made it a win win win!
How To Make an Easy DIY Holiday Wreath From a Wire Hanger
- Wire Hanger
- Greenery and Berries
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Collect all of you supplies to have ready to go from the beginning.
2. Start by creating a loop at the top of your hanger, this will be where you will hang from the wall (or wherever). Then work your way around the hanger bending out the sides and forming into a circle. Do not stress about making the circle perfect as your greenery and twine will take away from any little imperfections. Mine was far from a perfect circle and I still think it turned out perfect.
3. Once you have the shape, start with adding one piece of greenery at a time. I used my fullest piece on the right hand side and then worked my way around the left side. I glued the stems around that back and wrapped the greenery around the front for all of the pieces following this first piece.
4. Once you have completed the look you want with you greenery add some colour with some seasonal berries. You could also add other additions here if you wanted it to be fuller ideas could include, bells, ornaments or even ribbon tied in a bow. This is the fun part, get creative! I wanted mine to be super simple and so I went with some red berries.
5. You can easily be done here, or you can take it one step further and finish it off with some twine. I wasn’t a huge fan of the look of the bare hanger so I wanted to add some twine to cover up the uneven circle. I started on the left side and twisted white and grey twine around and around to add some texture to the top and cover up the hanger at the top.
6. And just like that you have made yourself an easy little wreath from items from your home and backyard! Yahoo!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: How to Make a Simple Balloon Garland Backdrop
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Free Printable Holiday Gift Tags
You can use wire hangers to make all sorts of different wreaths, not just holiday ones too! I think I might make something neat for my daughter’s bedroom next as it was so easy and I don’t like using these hangers for clothes anyhow.
[…] Wreath: I created this DIY Holiday Wreath myself. It is an easy DIY most should be able to create from contents in their own […]
Love this idea. So simple but gorgeous
Im so excited to try this!
this is so cool! definitely have to try it out!!
4 Comments on DIY Ten Minute Holiday Hanger Wreath