Looking for a totally new experience unlike any other, you have to check out Banff’s brand new attraction, Open Top Touring. The sight-seeing in Banff is all already you. Everywhere you look is one beautiful view after another. What better way to learn about it than on this vintage inspired tour to learn the history of the area and see some spectacular views.
The brand new Banff Bus Tour was created with the 1930’s in mind. As you cruise around town you will listen to some iconic jazz music, learn about the history of the area and local indigenous culture, take in some of the best sights through the roof top and are very likely to pass a herd of sheep along the way.
While COVID-19 is top of mind I wanted to note that these Open Top Tours masks are required. Their tour buses are cleaned thoroughly before each ride, which makes the brand new interior of the Open Top Touring buses shine. We felt very comfortable hopping on board during this time. You can read more about how they are address everything here.
Tips for the Best Open Top Touring Experience
- Pack a breathable mask as you are required to wear a mask for the duration of the ride
- All seats have incredible views, but if I had to pick the best spot I would suggest sitting closest to the window on the passenger side
- Bring a snack and water for your kids, there is one stop that you off board the bus
- There are USB ports for charging your camera. If you are like me you will take a lot of photos, having a charge cord on hand to charge is a good idea
- Dress for the weather, if it is a cooler day, remember the roof top is open. I’d suggest a warm sweater or jacket to stay comfortable
Open Top Touring Booking Information
Pricing: Prices vary by age from $25 – $45
Where to Buy Tickets: Online for the best rates. https://www.banffjaspercollection.com/attractions/open-top-touring/
Tour Depature Location: Open Top Tours departs from Mount Royal Hotel. You can check in at the hotel front doors and then catch the Open Top Tours bus at the back of the hotel.
I have no doubt that you are going to enjoy your Open Top Touring Banff ride. The mountains were smokey during our adventure and it was still incredible. It’s definitely some of the best Banff sight seeing. Happy exploring!
Shout out to my girl Heydy Lopez for snapping some photos of me and the family. Such a blast doing the tour together.