I’m known in our family for looking at a recipe and then deciding to make it my own before even trying out the original. I can’t say that I am an exceptional cook either. So, as you can imagine this doesn’t always work in my favour. However, when it came to adjusting the Blueberry Frozen Yogurt recipe that came with the Cuisinart Icecream, frozen yogurt, gelato and sorbet maker everything went so smooth! Excited to share the steps of how to make blueberry and mint frozen yogurt below!
I can’t give myself that much credit though, because all I really did was add mint. Though mint does change the flavour a whole lot, especially when blended together.
In the recipe it advises you to make the blueberry yogurt blend and let settle in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight. I decided to make mine overnight as it was already late in the evening when I started putting it together. I’d advise doing the same.
You Might Also Like: How to Make an Affogato | Icecream & Espresso Dessert Recipe
Using local berries that are season will also create a much stronger flavour. We used fresh berries from Klaassen Farms, just off the highway in Chilliwack. SO good!
Once it is time to use the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt Maker it only takes 25 minutes to finish. I’d advise making it close to when you want to eat it. We had some leftover that I put into the freezer but that changes the consistency once frozen.
How to Make Blueberry and Mint Frozen Yogurt
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cooling Time: 2 hours – Overnight | Mixing Time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups Blueberries
- 2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 – 5 medium sized mint leaves (depending on how strong you prefer your mint flavour)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon Juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Freezer bowl from your Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt make should already be in the freezer ready to go as per appliance directions.
- Add all ingredients together into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large dish and then cover. Cool in fridge for minimum of 2 hours.
- Once cooled set up Cuisinart frozen yogurt maker. Take freezer bowl out of the freezer, insert the paddle and cover with the lid. Leave the lid cover off.
- Add your pre-mixed blueberry and frozen yogurt ingredients with a spoon through the top hole of the lid. Put lid cover on.
- Plug in your machine and select the “Icecream” button on the front of your Cuisinart machine.
- Press start
- Wait up to 25 minutes for your frozen yogurt to mix, cool and thicken. (I turned mine off at around 22 minutes as the paddle began to slow down almost completely from the thickness of the frozen yogurt)
Thank you so much to Cuisinart for gifting us the Icecream, Gelato, Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Machine. I loved how this recipe turned out so much I couldn’t wait to share it! Be on the look out for more recipes to come, I saw some tasty looking icecream sandwiches on their website that I can’t wait to try!
Be the first to comment